In Chapter 3 the author discusses three main characteristics that set the Warrior Princess Submissive WPS apart from the others. The author elects to compare the WPS to the two types of submissive he deems closest to her, the acolyte submissive and the pseudo-sub brat.
Her innate strength- The author indicates that the WPS has a natural battler strength that comes out and is exuded. This is likely one of the first things that one notices and it is a source of intimidation for some/most men. I find this to be incredibly true. I have often sought out women who were successful in their fields or in some manner exuded strength and confidence in their daily quests. I can point to two exes who are now PhD. recipients, an MD, a lawyer, and one who while she didn’t have a degree is likely one of the strongest women I have ever met. The fight purpose is likewise the subject here as well when looking at the inside the relationship. The WPS fights for her sense of justice, the acolyte for her demi-god, and brat for herself and normally against the Dominant.
Her self-discipline- This isn’t necessarily saying that the self care is straight and on the level, but rather that the WPS knows she has power within her, she is able to impact the world, but she understands the old saying of with great power comes great responsibility and puts that into practice. In the meanwhile the acolyte relies on the Demi-god for his pleasure and being pleased with her for her discipline in action, meanwhile the brat has no discipline at all. My sweetness falls into this category as well, as do others I have been involved with who if they embraced their D/s tendencies would have fallen into this grouping. I have also come across brats as well and one of which I am still fairly friendly with and in contact with though it is tempered by my dynamic with sweetness.
Her switchiness- This is where the WPS is seen as a man/woman eater. she is seen as dominant to all others who know her. She may be the leader and boss of all things at work and in the world outside the home/dynamic but when she gets home she is strictly submissive. The idea of the WPS being a submissive leaning switch is incorrect as the author explains that the idea of being a switch indicates that there is a willingness and ability to switch within the dynamic. While the acolyte can be switch in regards to her submission to the Demi and any more Alpha submissives in the religion group and dominant to any lower submissives, and the brat is just a brat and wields no real power, the WPS would find completely unfathomable the idea of being Dom to her Dom or in a D/s dynamic. It is in fact the one thing she seeks to avoid.
Chapter 4 is the WPS test. I will give my scoring here and will then indicate where sweetness and I differed on the answers. The test is a 20 question test with answers from 1-5. 1 = Completely disagree and 5 = Completely agree. I mark sweetness as a 91 out of 100 and will admit there was some insertion of would be in relation to the questions at hand. I suppose I will put the questions here so you can play at home.
1. I often worry that everyone around me will suddenly realize that I am not the subject matter expert at work that they think I am.- 5
2. I often make great personal sacrifices for moral, political, or religious causes I believe in.- 5
3. I sometimes wonder if I am submissive at all.- 5
4. I find a great deal of joy in doing little things to serve my primary partner, like preparing a meal for him/her.- 4
5. Most people would be extremely surprised if they knew just how submissive I feel towards my primary partner.- 5
6. Being outed as a lifestyle submissive would probably hurt my credibility at work or in my career.- 4
7. Most people would say that I am a take charge kind of person.-5
8. I tend to be very opinionated about what is right and wrong.-5
9. I support social justice by donating money, attending rallies, or speaking out on issues I feel need to be addressed.- 5
10. I work very hard every day to make a real difference in the world.- 5
11. I would be comfortable attending a large political rally by myself.- 4
12. My friends and family sometimes think I am not careful enough.-5
13. I don’t much care what people think about me.-2
14. I like having a romantic partner, but I don’t necessarily need one.-4
15. I am good at what I do professionally.-5
16. I consider myself a feminist.-5
17. I often choose my friends based on the stands they take on moral, sociological, or political issues.-3
18. I often get angry or distressed when I watch or read the news and see what is going on in this country.-5
19. I am a supervisor, counselor, or subject matter expert where I work.-5
20. I often feel a lot of pressure to maintain an aura of infallibility.- 5
At 91 the author believes she is a WPS. The scoring breaks down as follows paraphrased
20-40- You’re a lover not a fighter- You avoid conflict and are a peacemaker and find that even when there are wrongs there are better ways than confrontation to solve an issue.
41-60- You can be a warrior when provoked- When someone threatens your loved ones or to defend yourself you can fight back and do so effectively. That said it makes you really uncomfortable when it does and you seek to avoid it though you are competent at fighting back.
61-80- You are Gabrielle, Xena’s trusty sidekick- You are ambivalent about being a warrior but you are skilled in fighting when need be. While not looking for fights you don’t shy away from them and when it comes down to it you can be a great ally in battle.
81-100- You are likely a warrior princess- You’re not onlu an excellent combatant but you relish the fight and even sometimes live for it. You seek chances to fight for your sense of right and wade into the fray and is something people define you based upon.
I will publish what sweetness scores herself at to see how much the scores differ.